Club Management Software: An Introduction
In its most basic form, club management software is a tool that allows gyms, health clubs, and fitness and wellness centers to manage their businesses and bolster customer service. A club is a business inasmuch as efficiency and productivity reign on high. Therefore, club owners require a system to streamline tasks, automate processes, and provide topnotch service to clients.
Fitness centers have become ubiquitous in line with the importance people confer on their health and well-being. It is estimated that the exercise industry is worth over $100 billion comprising 145 million members. Despite its promising outlook and year-on-year growth, the industry reflects a dropout rate among members of 80% within just the first two months of joining a gym. Hence the imperative for club owners to exploit club management software to retain subscriptions, lavish the best service, and attract more customers.
In this article, we’ll survey precisely what club management software does and how it works. In the follow-up post, we’ll investigate the benefits and advantages associated with this critical tool.
What does club management software accomplish?
Club management software, also referred to as association management or membership software, is intended to organize membership records and details. Knowledge of this information permits reservations, appointments, and scheduling, further enabling club owners to allocate discounts, promotions and rewards to loyal and active members.
Since club management revolves around service delivery, the software supplies a user-friendly platform through which members can book or schedule activities, validate payments, and partake in other self-service activities. When it comes to the owner, the software automates marketing campaigns, seamless scheduling, and faultless oversight of customer data. Training lessons and workout plans can be created through the software to manage each member’s personal health goals and chart his or her development over time.
In short, club management software can reinforce the fidelity and retention of customers, encouraging positive word-of-mouth about a health center which can in turn land new business. By optimizing the customer service experience, the bottom line will be enhanced.
How does club management software work?
Club management software is largely cloud-hosted, leveraging technology and connectivity to handle every sort of operation online utilizing a web portal. Here are some of the key tasks and features achieved via this all-in-one multi-tasking wonder.
● Membership management: a centralized database to edit and save member records, search member profiles, and adjust membership levels.
● Reservations management and scheduling: the ability to book and reschedule sessions, remind clients of appointments via email or SMS, and create a waiting list to navigate cancelled appointments.
● Staff timekeeping: overseeing timesheets, assignments, and schedules of all personnel.
● Reporting: generating reports on member details, monthly revenue, inventory, trends, or performance analysis to gain insight into all aspects of the operation.
● Marketing: rewarding members through loyalty programs and exclusive promotions dispatched through email, SMS or social media.
● Member access and forums: connecting with specialized devices or smartphones to scan check-in and check-out. Club members can also avail online groups to connect with peers.
● Payment processing: either host payment processing, or integrate with payment gateways to accept customer payments via credit card, cash, debit, and the like.
Stay tuned for an overview of the benefits and advantages proffered by club management software to help drive business forward.
Check out Omega Software’s club management software O-Club to learn about our all-in-one club membership management software system designed specifically around the needs of health clubs, spas, and gyms of all sizes.
Contributed by Danielle Issa.
Image source: hotelpur.com